Qingcheng Tai Chi has also made a name

Qingcheng Tai Chi has also made a name

Postby chitianshi520 » 2018年Mar月27日(Tue) 15:29

Liu Suibin shows Kung Fu Panda's Po some Qingcheng Tai Chi moves at the entrance to Mount Qingcheng in Southwest China's Sichuan Province in 2011. Photo: Courtesy of Liu Suibin
The basis for the mountains where Po from DreamWorks' Kung Fu Panda practices martial arts Chidobe Awuzie Cowboys Jersey , Mount Qingcheng, has become a tourist hot spot for foreigners looking to explore the culture behind yin-yang and tai chi.

According to employees working at Mount Qingcheng in Southwest China's Sichuan Province, the number of foreign visitors began picking up over the past few days in advance of the spring peak season. According to a people report from 2015, data from the Mount Qingcheng tourism bureau shows that the site witnessed a significant rise in the number of foreign visitors in 2014.

Located in Dujiangyan, a city 36 kilometers west of Chengdu, capital of Southwest China's Sichuan Province Taco Charlton Cowboys Jersey , the green-clad site featuring magnificent mountain views was included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000 along with the Dujiangyan Irrigation System. Numbering among the four great mountains in Taoism, Mount Qingcheng has been a major center where Taoist philosophy has flourished for thousands of years.

Religious and philosophical center

At the very top of the mountain one can find several Taoist temples, where Taoist practitioners prayed to their gods by burning incense.

For some foreign visitors, Taoism is a mysterious school of thought represented by the famous black-and-white symbol of yin-yang and "secrets about health management," Pascal, a French visitor to the mountain Damien Wilson Jersey , told the Global Times on Saturday.

"It is incredible. I am here to explore more," he said.

According to one of the Taoists walking up the long stone steps to the top of the mountain, while there are plenty of foreigners coming to the temple to learn more about Taoism, there are no foreign members of the temples just yet.

Taoism remains a mystery for even many Chinese today, as their impressions of the religion often stem from martial arts novels where Taoist masters, or daoshi Rod Smith Jersey , have superhuman abilities to tell fortunes or utilize qinggong, a martial arts skill that allows them to make great leaps through the air.

"Real Taoist culture is definitely different from what people read in novels," said Liu Suibin, council member of the Taoism Association of Sichuan Province and also head of the Qingcheng martial arts school, which is famous for its tai chi practice.

"In 2004, [famous martial arts novelist] Louis Cha visited Mount Qingcheng and apologized to the Qingcheng sect Chaz Green Jersey , saying that he didn't know enough about our martial arts back when he was writing about them in his novels."

"The public perception of so-called fortunetelling actually comes from our studies of the I Ching [Book of Changes], which is actually a Confucian classic. But since Taoists are keen to study about methods to improve health and even to prolong life, we also study it to learn more about these aspects," Liu told the Global Times.

Land of kung fu

According to Liu, he currently has more than 100,000 foreign students around the globe who practice Qingcheng martial arts. From political figures to beauty pageants queens Byron Jones Jersey , these foreign disciples, or waiguo dizi, include people from all walks of life such as the Miss Sierra Leone winner Mariatu Kargbo and a 34-year-old Canadian, known by his Chinese name Ke Danian, who won gold at the Chengdu Traditional Martial Arts Competition in 2009.

"It's more than just tai chi," Liu said. "In my class with managers from the world's top 500 companies Maliek Collins Jersey , I teach them to explore Taoist philosophy and the wisdom behind these tai chi moves so they can improve their businesses and family life."

Qingcheng Tai Chi has also made a name for itself in Hollywood. The school's marital arts moves are used by Po the panda in Kung Fu Panda 2 in the scene where he confronts the evil Lord Shen. Posters for the film can be seen at the parking lot by the entrance to the mountain.

"The production team came to Mount Qingcheng for the first time in 2008 to carry out research for the film. They asked me to perform some Qingcheng Tai Chi for them," said Liu. "They then broke down one of my moves into 18 smaller moves and combined them into the moves Po uses to beat Lord Shen."

"The martial arts moves for Lord Shen came from one of my students, Pi Yongqiang," he noted.

According to Chinese media reports, Kung Fu Panada production designer Raymond Zibach expressed his gratitude toward "Master Liu" when he revisited Mount Qingcheng in 2011 and again in 2016 as part of promotional tours for the second and third films in the Kung Fu Panda franchise.

"He [Zibach] said in media reports that he incorporated into the films a lot of what he learned from me," Liu said.

Triple threat

Pandas are another of the city's attractions that have helped attract more foreign tourists to the region.

"Well Xavier Woods Jersey , actually, my top priority is to see the pandas," a US tourist named Sarah told the Global Times Saturday.

"The mountain is not far from the panda park, so I just dropped by. I should say it was worth it, because it's really beautiful here."

The idea of combining pandas and the region's mountain views has already proved a successful formula, as Kung Fu Panda 3 raked in about $300 million around the globe in 2016.

"It's true that after the Kung Fu Panda franchise began more foreigners came visit the site Ryan Switzer Jersey ," said Liu. "Following the Taoist culture of Mount Qingcheng and the water culture of the Dujiangyan Irrigation System, the city is now embracing the panda culture. We now have two panda parks here."

How To Prepare In A Marriage Counselling Session November 16, 2016 | Author: Ann Russell | Posted in Business

Relationships within family and with a significant person are very vital. http://www.wholesalemlbjerseysforcheap.com/ http://www.wholesalecollegejerseysforcheap.com/ Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale College Jerseys From China Cheap NBA Jerseys China Cheap College Football Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Cheap NHL Jerseys
chitianshi520

cheap ncaa jerseys 0-16-0-16-237679 cheap nba jerseys

Postby DaLgAMYeVr » 2018年May月01日(Tue) 01:33

That's why it's predestination, because only those who God chooses to be saved can accept Him and become saved. I saw the gun in their hand and he just told me to tell the cop that it was a revolution. (The beauty section at Dillard's department store in Dallas was a magic emporium.) But my dad made pretzels for kids to eat in a mall.

cheap nfl jerseys In fact I do not just believe in spirit guides, I know they are a universal truth. Prizes are awarded to the winning team.. I'm honestly still working on these things still but I'm way better then I was.. Add on: I can believe I have to write this: those assuming my husband is shitty to our cat need to please chill. cheap jerseys wholesale

Goes a looooong way in proving their domination so far.. But a confident 3 0 win over Bournemouth followed last weekend, while German side Cologne were also dispatched in the Europa League on Thursday.. Without Robertson and Clyne/TAA though you had a lot of mistakes for us to exploit.

cheap mlb jerseys Weapons manufacturers and corporations such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman have a vested interest in the continual increase of our defense spending. There an economy of abilities, both long term and short term, that affect the value of a Dragonblade. cheap mlb jerseys

cheap jerseys Many times rude or downright nasty comments are intentionally said loud enough so the victim can very easily hear but if confronted, the bully/harasser will often say they weren't talking directly to the victim in an attempt to imply there is no problem with their actions.. cheap jerseys

cheap jerseys wholesale With some extra daylight left after setting up camp, Jondolar spent time exploring the surrounding area which was all on a gradual uphill incline as part of the crater's side.. Hundreds of years ago, when the Khoisan were living in the Cederberg, they used the rooibos ("red bush") plant, Aspalathus linearis, as a remedy for all manner of ailments. cheap jerseys wholesale

cheap authentic jerseys I returned the pear to its place and thanked her in my heart. While there is some truth to the argument, Ortiz will be voted into the Hall of Fame for his hitting.. Today the world's fishing fleets routinely take more fish than scientists say is sustainable, leading to crashes in cod numbers for example, while people kill more large mammals in North America than all other causes put together.. cheap authentic jerseys

cheap nhl jerseys This freedom of movement allows sailors to catch the wind at whatever angle it blows. Some believe that before the fall of Adam and Eve, the serpent walked upright. In fact, research indicates that by varying assessment techniques and tools, you will be able to gauge what works best with a student (Armstong, 1994 2000, Gardner, 2006, Sulo, 2007 and Tomlinson, 1999).. cheap nhl jerseys

cheapjerseys This is an exception to the rule because I feel helpless when I see NSW drop, I never experienced this before with a card in the game and I almost certain other people feel like this.. Most of the glass I use is quite hard and rarely have they broken, except in extreme cases (I had one bird feeder chime fall several feet onto a cement block after a squirel knocked it off it's hook, only a piece of the long, thin pearlescent glass I used to make it actually broke, the other glass pieces suffered no harm. wholesale jerseys china

There are many books on the subject of preserving your family's stories and what kinds of questions to ask in the interview process. Do you think stadiums could be consistently filled?Finally as I previously stated, I question the motives of the NFL.

Link posts without a Statement will be removed after 20 minutes.Sixty three Percent Are Now in Favor of Ending Cannabis Prohibition, With Just 33 Percent Against, "Never in Modern History Has There Existed Greater Public Support for Ending the Nation's Nearly Century long Failed Experiment With Cannabis ProhibitionIsrael slaughters 40 unarmed Palestinian protesters and wounds more than 5000 in Gaza and the MSM ignores it..

There is a lot that needs to be done to have a detached "carriage home", especially if it wasn't originally meant to support one. You can really replicate the efficiency of a firearm as easily. Stitch Witchery is almost like glue in that it can bind the fabric together.
DaLgAMYeVr

Re: Qingcheng Tai Chi has also made a name

Postby valent » 2018年May月18日(Fri) 22:37

valent

Return to Kinki (Osaka,Kyoto,Nara,Kobe,Himeji)