Mechanically, its trying to simplify a little bit

Mechanically, its trying to simplify a little bit

Postby xusuwen96 » 2017年Dec月14日(Thu) 18:11

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Scott Kazmir will have to wait at least one more day to make his debut for the Oakland Athletics and pitch against his former team. Its not exactly the kind of doubleheader he had planned. The game between the As and Cleveland Indians was postponed because of rain Tuesday night. It was the first rainout in Oakland since May 5, 1998. "I think Kaz brought all the rain with him. You can blame it on him," said right-hander Corey Kluber, the Indians scheduled starter. The game will be made up in a day-night doubleheader Wednesday. The first game is scheduled to start at 12:35 p.m. PDT and the second game at 6 p.m. PDT. Kazmir and Kluber will start the opener. Zach McAllister will take the mound for the Indians in the second game, while As manager Bob Melvin said his starter is "to be announced." Jesse Chavez had been scheduled to start for the As Wednesday, but Melvin said he will likely push him back until Thursday -- and move the rest of his rotation back one day. Teams are allowed to add a 26th man to the 25-man roster for day-night doubleheaders, so Oakland could call-up a pitcher from Triple-A Sacramento to make the start. Cleveland beat the As 2-0 in Monday nights season opener, which was played between rain storms that have soaked the San Francisco Bay Area this week. The Indians have Thursday off before hosting Minnesota in its home opener Friday in Cleveland, and the As open a four-game series against Seattle on Thursday in Oakland. The forecast for Wednesday was for a high of 61 degrees and a 10 per cent chance of rain. "I kind of like day games," Kazmir said. "Just throughout my career, I dont know, I just like it -- get up in the morning and go right to it." The 19th rainout in Oakland history, including the post-season, covered the Coliseum with so much water so early that officials postponed the game about 90 minutes before the scheduled first pitch. A couple dozen grounds crew workers carried large brooms to sweep water off the tarp all afternoon. Some Indians players briefly came out to right field to go through some warm-ups during a brief break in the rain -- then quickly scrambled back to the clubhouse when another band of rain began falling. With no fans inside the spacious Coliseum, Kazmir played catch for about 15 minutes in a covered section of the upper-deck concourse near the concessions after officials postponed the game. "I was ready to pitch today. You cant let your guard down. I was ready to go." Kazmir said. "What can you do? Be ready to go early, thats all you can do." Kazmir has waited all winter to make his As debut. He signed a two-year, $22 million contract with Oakland as a free agent after spending last year with Cleveland. He went 10-9 for the Indians last season on a one-year, $1 million contract. Kazmir struck out 162 in 158 innings and had a 4.04 ERA over 29 starts, rediscovering his groove and the zip on his fastball. Indians manager Terry Francona saw Kazmirs renaissance firsthand. While Kazmir knows the tendencies of Clevelands hitters, Francona said the Indians also know what Kazmir wants to do as well. "I dont think anybody really has the advantage," Francona said. "The pitcher holds the ball, so the first advantage always goes to him. But what we do with it is up to us. Hes good. We think hes pretty good. But our job is to beat him now." NOTES: Francona said he moved switch-hitting SS Asdrubal Cabrera into the leadoff spot Tuesday because he wanted to keep everybody in their normal spot in the order while Michael Bourn is out with a strained left hamstring. Lefty Nyjer Morgan started Mondays opener, but with the left-handed Kazmir on the mound, Francona opted to go with Cabrera. ... Melvin said As starter Sonny Grays right ankle is fine after a comebacker from Cabrera hit off the pitchers right ankle Monday night. ... As OF Craig Gentry is not with the team because his wife is having an induced labour soon. He will be held out of rehabilitation work on his strained back for a few days. Wendell Smallwood Jersey .com) - Pavel Datsyuk and Gustav Nyquist both scored in the shootout as the Detroit Red Wings denied the Minnesota Wilds comeback bid with a 5-4 win on Tuesday. Corey Graham Jersey . The veteran fighter will be squaring off with Henderson in a five-round lightweight bout as part of another network televised card at the United Center on Saturday night. http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.c ... ck-jersey/. LOUIS -- The Atlanta Braves used a two-run rally in the ninth to end their road trip with a win. Fletcher Cox Jersey . The Kelowna, B.C. rink made the announcement on their facebook page on Thursday night. Isaac Seumalo Jersey . Kyle Shanahan was hired as offensive co-ordinator Monday after spending the previous four years in the same role with the Washington Redskins.ARLINGTON, Texas – By the time the Blue Jays leave town after Sundays game, the Rangers will have seen enough of Anthony Gose. His speed has created runs for Toronto and prevented runs for Texas in this series. "Hes really good," said outfield coach Tim Leiper. "He just covers a lot of ground. Hes into the game. You watch him, too, hes hungry. Hes come up here with something to prove." In Friday nights 2-0 win, the Blue Jays were stifled by Rangers ace Yu Darvish for seven innings. In the eighth, Erik Kratz surprised third baseman Adrian Beltre by laying down a leadoff bunt single. Gose followed with a drag bunt down the first base line, beating out a bang-bang play at the bag. One out later, Gose scored from first on a Melky Cabrera double, tearing around the bases. In Saturday nights 4-2 win, with the game tied 1-1 in the seventh, Gose led off with an opposite field double. He stole third and with one out, scored on a Cabrera chopper to Beltre. Gose was going the moment he saw Cabreras ball wasnt hit hard and Beltre, one of the games best defensive third baseman, didnt attempt a play at the plate. Mark Buehrle was the beneficiary of the run on Saturday but when asked about Goses offence, he quickly changed the subject. "I dont even want to talk about the scoring runs, I want to talk about the defence," said Buehrle. "Hes been out there the last couple of days, balls have been hit and this isnt a knock against Colby (Rasmus) because hes pretty fast but there were some balls hit in the gap and youre like, Damn, thats a double and then all of sudden, here comes Gose catching the ball." Gose has made two standout catches this series, both on Friday night. He robbed Mitch Moreland of extra bases in the left-centerfield gap, crashing into the wall on the run as he hauled in the ball. He went into right-centerfield to take away at least a double, likely a triple, from speedster Leonys Martin. "He made those look somewhat easy but off the bat, you dont think theyre going to get caught," said Leiper. Goses speed is one reason hes an elite defender. "Theres plenty of guys with speed and obviously hes got above average speed for anybody," said Leiper. "It comes down to he gets the jumps. For guys who are slower and they definitely need the foootwork to make up for their lack of speed, hes got both.ddddddddddddquot; Theres another reason, one his coach appreciates just as much: Gose has impressed Leiper with his interest in pre-game preparation. Its not always noticeable, unseen on TV and likely not a fans focus while watching a game live, but Leiper notices the results pitch by pitch. "Its subtle but, for me, Im so one-dimensional now, Im just focused on what hes doing and how hes moving and where these guys are," said Leiper. "To watch him take charge with the other two outfielders, too, its impressive to watch. Hes got a good feel for the position." Pillar is Goses Platoon Partner Right-handed hitting Kevin Pillar will start in centrefield against left-handed pitchers during Colby Rasmus absence with a hamstring injury. Anthony Gose, a left-handed bat, will start against right-handers. Pillars first big league experience, late last season, was a struggle. He feels better now, knowing his role is defined. "I definitely think, knowing what your role is, whether its platooning or playing everyday, but having some sort of conversation with the manager, and knowing what your role is going to be is comforting," said Pillar. Pillar picked up his first two big league hits of 2014 in Saturday nights victory. Hes 2-for-11 during his brief stint with Toronto. He was off to a great start at Triple-A Buffalo, hitting .305/.344/.461, which included an 18-game hitting streak. The book on Pillar is off-speed, typically breaking sliders, down and away. Hell continue to be pitched that way, especially with two strikes, until he shows he can lay off. "I think its more mental than anything," said Pillar. "Mechanically, its trying to simplify a little bit, letting the ball travel a little deeper before I make a decision to swing. My second at-bat last night, I fouled off a lot of pitches, letting the ball get deep and thats a testament to staying with my approach, letting the ball get a little deeper, allowing myself to see the pitch before I swing. I think last year, part of it was trying to do too much, trying to get hits, not really seeing the ball out of the hand and this year I promised myself I wouldnt try to get hits, I would try to get good pitches to hit, and thats allowed me to lay off pitches down and away." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
xusuwen96

Return to Food,Restaurant