d and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays wai

d and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays wai

Postby xusuwen96 » 2017年Dec月22日(Fri) 10:19

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Ottawa Senators are 7-1-3 over their last 11 games, but the club enters Saturdays road tilt with the Carolina Hurricanes having lost three of its past four tilts. After opening a four-game road trip with a 2-0 win in Washington on Monday, the Senators dropped a 4-3 shootout decision Thursday against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Ottawa was able to salvage a point thanks to Chris Neils game- tying goal with 2:18 remaining in the third period. Clarke MacArthur and Erik Karlsson both posted a goal and an assist for the Sens, while Craig Anderson made 35 stops in a losing effort. Ex-Ottawa goaltender Ben Bishop stopped 33-of-36 shots to earn the win for the Lightning. "We competed all night and I think we did the things we needed to do to be in this game," said Anderson. "We got a point, so there is that." Ottawa, which will complete its trip Tuesday at Columbus, is 11-8-5 as the road team this season. Snowy weather may have shuffled the Hurricanes schedule around this week, but it hasnt hurt their play on the ice. Todays game was originally scheduled for Friday, but was pushed back a day to accommodate the Hurricanes. Carolina was originally slated to play Tuesday in Philadelphia, but that tilt was postponed until the following day due to weather. The Canes then visited Buffalo on Thursday and had Fridays test moved back because they couldnt play on three consecutive days. Saturdays game is an important one in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Senators are currently two points out of the Easts last postseason berth and Carolina is just one point behind Ottawa. The Hurricanes recorded a 4-1 win over a visiting Senators club on Nov. 24, giving Carolina wins in five of the last six meetings. Ottawa has dropped three straight and 10 of the past 11 encounters in Raleigh. Carolina notched a 3-2 win in Philly and followed with a 5-3 decision against the Sabres. The Hurricanes hope to keep heading in the right direction on Saturday, when they play the first of two straight on home ice. Carolina is 11-10-5 as the host this season and will play six of seven tests in Raleigh before the NHL breaks for the Winter Olympics early next month. The Hurricanes and Sabres were tied at 2-2 after 40 minutes on Thursday and Buffalo grabbed a one-goal lead just 48 seconds into the third period. However, Alexander Semin and Andrej Sekera scored 2:25 apart for Carolina near the midway point of the third to give Carolina the lead for good. Jiri Tlusty, who scored the game-winner with 6:10 left in the third period on Wednesday, added an empty-net goal in the final seconds to seal the win in Buffalo. "Were starting to really gel together right now," said Carolina head coach Kirk Muller. "Were getting the goaltending, our big guys are starting to score and our other guys are playing their roles. You put it together, youre getting some good results." Semin finished with two goals, Sekera added two assists and Anton Khudobin made 26 saves for a Hurricanes team that won for the third time in four games. Jaromir Jagr Jersey . - Florida State has suspended Jameis Winston for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday, extending its initial punishment of one half after the quarterback made offensive and vulgar comments about female anatomy earlier this week. Nicklas Backstrom Jersey . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. http://www.thecapitalshockeystore.com/C ... as-Jersey/. The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers. Evgeny Kuznetsov Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings (3) - Early goal against was on the power play. Mike Gartner Jersey . -- The Tampa Bay Lightning are disappointed, though not discouraged.With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Is that Your Final Answer? The Pittsburgh Penguins are reportedly ponying up in their efforts to lure Ryan Kesler out of Vancouver. Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources. “A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday. Rossi continued to say that it is possible the deal could involve another player going in either direction, but that Penguins GM Ray Shero was only looking to acquire Kesler. Goalies Gone Wild The Minnesota Wild are apparently very much in the market for an upgrade between the pipes. According to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is after a netminder and was even in on discussions for former Buffalo keeper Ryan Miller before getting priced out. So, who fits the bill for Minnys playoff push? Russo drops a lengthy list that spans from new Sabres acquisition Jarsolav Halak to established number ones like Martin Brodeur and Cam Ward to enigmatic Oilers netminder Ilya Bryzgalov. Snowfall Warning? Could this be Paul Stastnys last week as a member of the Colorado Avalanche? The Denver Posts Adrian Dater writes that if the AAvs are unable to get the 28-year-old re-upped before the deadline, they could deal him rather than risk losing him for nothing over the summer as an unrestricted free agent.dddddddddddd "You want to keep winning and dont want to break that chemistry, but at the same time if something happens, it happens. Its just part of the business. Some things I cant control and I just worry about what I can control — and thats playing hockey," Stastny told the Post. Dater believes the Avs could probably expect a young defenseman in return and one that might still have time left on an existing deal or, if not, a pending restricted free agent. Call Me, Maybe? Jaromir Jagr is an intriguing name to watch prior to Wednesday. The 42-year-old just became the NHLs seventh 700-goal scorer and – as a pending unrestricted free agent – could be an attractive veteran addition for many teams as they push towards the post-season. But the iconic Czech winger cautions that any team looking for his services should probably run it by him first. “The situation with me is I think if any team would try to trade for me they would probably ask me first if I wanted to go there,” Jagr told the Star-Ledger after the New Jersey Devils Saturday win over the New York Islanders. “I dont have a contract (for next season) and Im 42 years old. What if I decided to go home? Nobody is going to give any draft picks or players for me if they dont know. “Same thing happened when I went to Boston (from Dallas last season). They called before. So Im probably going to know whats going on before.” Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys
xusuwen96

Return to Internet, Phone